Saturday, February 2, 2013

Do You Believe in Rescue?

I'm sure to some of you it seems that now that I've started advocating for orphans that there are frequent posts asking for financial support.

Some of you have probably tuned my posts out and closed your eyes to the needs of these kids so you won't have to be a part of the solution.

Today I stumbled upon a blog post written by an adoptive family of four kids, two from Ukraine and two from right here in the United States addressing the questions many adoptive families face...
 
“If people can’t afford what it costs to adopt, they shouldn’t adopt,” or even worse…rather horribly said to a friend of mine, “How come when YOU hear from God, it costs ME money?”
 
My favorite quote from her post was from someone who gave "extravagantly" (as in above and beyond what he could probably afford). He said...
 
 
"I believe in rescue.
I have to believe in rescue.
I never thought to ask the question why.
I never thought to ask for a financial statement.
I was being asked to help redeem a life.
I love freeing a heart.
I believe adoptive parents are the heroes.
I love extravagance."
 
 
Isn't that beautiful? I invite you to read her post in it's entirety, it's a great read and may change your outlook on those fundraising for hosting fees or adoption! Because let's be honest, they're not asking for money for you to pay for their tropical vacation, they are literally asking you to help them SAVE a life! By giving, even if only a small amount you can be a part of a child's redemption story!
 
To read the full post click here this is part 1 of 2, can't wait for the rest!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment