Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hooray for Social Media

Got to chat with this handsome dude via Facebook this morning!!


It had been way too long since we'd "talked" on Facebook. Sure we'd sent messages back and forth but it had been months since we'd actually been online at the same time and been able to carry on somewhat of a conversation. I was able to give him a tutorial on how to use some of the pictures I had of him and put them on his Facebook account as his own. He chose the photo above as his "profile" photo. I always LOVED that photo of him. He had so much fun at soccer camp, his first ever experience with an actual coach! He's so proudly tell me how many goals he'd scored at the end of each day, one day he even got a hat trick during their scrimmage, for those of you not in the "know" a hat trick is when you score three goals in one game. Needless to say he was stoked and I was too!! 

I just adore this boy! Chatting with him this morning brought back so many memories...what an amazing 5 weeks it was! I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!! He was SO worth it!

We're still raising funds to bring him back to his adoptive family this summer, if you can help I'd be ever so grateful! You can find out how to do so here, be sure and follow the links to read about how to designate your donation so that it will go directly to his hosting fees!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you'd update if Dzintars will be able to come for hosting this summer.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Here you go: http://maljianfamily.blogspot.com/2013/06/american-dreams.html

      Delete