Friday, June 7, 2013

Let Him Eat Cake

Today is my youngest nephew's birthday! Last weekend we celebrated his big day and the pics of him eating his "smash" cake were just too cute NOT to share. This kiddo has had nothing but organic whole foods since the day he was born, in fact even his birthday cake was organic. The whole sugar thing was completely new to him, as it is to most one year olds. As you will see below, the kid can eat! I'd say he devoured about half his smash cake all by his little self!!

His expression here cracks me up! He's so underwhelmed at the idea of cake.

Mr. Serious doing this thang. 



Oh wait, this sugar stuff is SAW-EET!




The aftermath! 

We love you Brady-Pie!! You are too cute for words!! Happy first birthday!!

The best part of his party, other than his EXTREME cuteness of course, was that my sister and brother-in-law asked all his friends and family to donate to New Horizons for Children rather than buy him gifts! I don't know the exact total because some people donated online, but my sister handed me $300 worth of checks made out to NHFC that we were able to use to bless some special kiddos who are America bound this summer! I know of several host families who were struggling to raise the funds to bring their kids here, so I chose two, split the $300 in half and because of Brayden two families will soon receive a little financial blessing from people in CA they have never met! How cool is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment