Monday, February 3, 2014

Break My Heart

As we sang the lyrics to Hosanna this morning in church I found myself begging God to break the hearts of his people for the needy children of this world. My heart has so totally and completely been "broken for the things that break His". 

Orphans aren't numbers or nameless faces. 

They are amazingly beautiful children, whose stories I now know and carry with me. And who I am determined to advocate for with my every breath! 

As I held back tears I thought of beautiful Z who made me a bracelet I have yet to take off and how desperately her and her two sisters are waiting for a forever family. 

I thought of K who is a computer genius, emotionally wounded and discarded by both parents when they remarried and started new families that didn't include her. 

I thought of M, my sweet bowling companion who baked our team brownies and who is struggling to make friends in her new orphanage.

 Every one of these girls is beautiful.

 Every one of of them is smart and yet they have no one to tell them! 

Will you be the one? Will you consider hosting a child this summer and making an eternal investment?? Will you allow God to break your heart with the things that break his?

Hosanna

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity"








If you'd like to learn more about the kids we met you can sign up here: http://www.newhorizonsforchildren.org/orphan-hosting/view-available-kids-here/

No comments:

Post a Comment