Monday, April 22, 2013

Miracles DO Happen

If you ever want to see God MOVE just get involved in something that HE cares about!!

I can't tell you how many times I've seen HIM work since I first got involved with New Horizons for Children!!

Let's not forget the miracle I saw him do on Dz's behalf on the VERY LAST day of matching!!  I got a call from my regional coordinator to tell me a donor had just stepped up to cover his hosting fees if only our family would say YES to hosting him!! If not for that donor we wouldn't have hosted Dzintars last summer and this blog wouldn't even exist. If you need to refresh your memory (or you are new here and need to catch up ) you can read about Dzintars related miracles here!!

So today I watched, via facebook, as another miracle unfolded right before my eyes. New Horizons has a facebook page and from time to time the children who we are trying to advocate for are also on facebook and will post on our page. This week a young boy named "A" realized the deadline for kids from his area to be chosen was looming and began communicating with us via our page. Families from around the country saw his pleas for a host family and they took action today. In a matter of 40 minutes, with his deadline just HOURS away, our current group of host parents (who are still trying to raise funds for their own hostings this summer) rallied together and put a scholarship in the amount of $1820 on this child and he was chosen by a host family!! But God didn't stop there, an additional $520 dollars was donated (again by our current summer host families) before the day of was done! In less than 8 hours this child, who until then wasn't going to be hosted this summer, had families raise $2340 and because of that he was chosen by a host family! That my friends is a MIRACLE!! I have no doubt that God has big things in store for "A" and his host family this summer!!

So because I believe in the God of miracles and know that he desires to do "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" I am asking you to help me make another miracle happen!! 

These boys NEED to come back to their winter host family!! UPDATE: The boys have been chosen by a different family, God had other plans and we are so grateful that they have been chosen!!! If you'd still like to donate to a waiting child check out our photolisting and choose a child to bless today!!



Will you rally around their host family and help them come up with the funds??? You can donate via PayPal here. Just be sure and specify it's for Sasha and Zhenya. If you donate (or have already) would you mind shooting me an email with the amount so I can update their account??? As we come to the end of our matching period our office staff is SWAMPED and can't keep up with all the incoming funds/donations and emails. My email is smaljian@newhorizonsforchildren.org. Please, please, please, help these boys! They have a loving and committed family, they just need a little help getting here!! You may never know the impact your contributions may have but you will be a part of the story God is writing in the lives of these two young men!!

No comments:

Post a Comment