Thursday, November 7, 2013

Support a Family of Hereos

This week I watched as people around the country came together to raise enough money for ONE MORE orphan to come to America this Christmas. In less than 10 hours $2,800 had been raised and this boy who would have been "left behind" had a winter host family. Many people I know gave generously even though they were fundraising for their own hosting/adoption costs. One of them was a dear friend who is truly a blessing to all those around her! While her husband is overseas on deployment she is not only holding down the fort at home and raising their three kids but she's invited two adorable little Latvian orphans to spend Christmas with them as well. ALL while her hubby is off serving our country! This family is very near and dear to my heart and with Veterans Day just a few days away I thought we could all come together to BLESS THEM and THANK THEM for the many sacrifices their family has made for our freedoms! Hosting has a financial commitment and these two little ones will be the 7th and 8th children they have hosted over the years. Would you consider making a donation on their behalf to help offset the costs of hosting? They are in the throes of fundraising and still more than $1700 away from their goal. This is a great chance to "support our troops" in a very real, practical, and meaningful way.
They have not asked me to post this, in fact they do not even know I am asking as I have blocked them from seeing this post :) I would LOVE to see people I know from far and wide all come together to bless this special family who has sacrificed repeatedly over the years for the rest of us!
To donate use this link, click on the button that says "donate to a specific child" and put B0329 "in the note to sellers" line (see below). If you somehow miss the place to designate, please let me know and I will notify our accountant as to where your contribution should go. 
 

I'd LOVE it if you'd consider sharing this with your own friends and family and ask them to join us in blessing this family as well!! $5, $10 and $20 donations will add up quickly if we all give a little in support of this honored military family!

P.S. If you know which family I am referring to, please don't ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment