Friday, August 3, 2012

Dear Dzintars,

I know your heart is hurting because we had to say goodbye, but I wanted to let you know some of the amazing things God is doing as a direct result of us hosting you!

Because you were brave enough to fly halfway around the world to live with a family you knew nothing about and who didn't even speak your language many lives have been touched. Many more than I ever thought possible!! Because you were so amazingly awesome, resilient and downright fun, people have taken notice of the orphan crisis and are reaching out to help!

I chose to blog about our time with you mainly to record my memories for myself and also to keep my out of town family informed. I had hoped to find you a forever family, and I had hoped that maybe a family or two would step up to host in the future...but God had BIGGER plans:)

Ephesians 3:20-21 says:
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

The stories are still pouring in but here are just a few of the awesome things God has done through you:

  • As I created this blog I felt God calling me to link a few of my favorite blogs on the side bar, I wasn't sure why, but I have found some of my favorite bloggers via other blogs I read so I went ahead and added them. Now I know why:) A blog reader found out about the work done by Serving His Children in Uganda and stepped up to provide them with a much needed doctor and nutritionist who will impact HUNDREDS of young lives on the brink of death!!
  • A family who had tossed around the idea of adopting an older child for awhile now fell in love with you via this blog. Though they turned out to be too young to be your forever family you have inspired them to start the adoption process now so they can adopt in the future! Another life will be changed forever because of you buddy, a child will have a family to call their own!
  • Families I do not even know have contacted me and told me they'll be hosting in the future because of you! And I have no doubt that those families will go on to impact more families who will also step out and host and the chain of lives you've touched will go on and on and on. 

I stand amazed at the ways God is using our hosting experience to His glory! And those are just the ones I know about, who knows what other amazing things are unfolding behind the scenes that we may never be aware of!! 

It's highly unlikely that you'll ever read this letter, though I suppose a good Google search would do the trick, but on the off chance that you do, I want to thank you for your bravery! For allowing us to love you and for loving us back!!

Love,
Your mama in America

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. The most awesome part... God isn't done yet!! Thank you for letting us be a part of your and Dz's story, even though we hoped to play a different part (but was not God's will). I look forward to seeing His mighty hand unfold this story! Much love to your family from ours!

    ReplyDelete