Friday, August 10, 2012

Post Orphanage Life

I have to admit when I signed on to host Dzintars I really had no idea what I was in for. Sure, I had a heart for orphans and wanted to help him, but my eyes have been opened to things I was previously unaware of and now I'm left reeling with all that know.

I've been to orphanages similar to his, while in college at Azusa Pacific University I spent a month in Russia on a missions trip and we visited quite a few orphanages. I saw their sweet little faces and wanted to take them all home, but I was young and I didn't stop to think what would happen to the ones who weren't adopted. The ones who aged out.

Now I know and there's no going back! Without intervention, upon leaving the orphanage, 60% of girls will end up in prostitution, 70% of the boys will end up on the streets or in jail, and 15% will commit suicide within the first two years on their own.

How can I allow any of THAT to happen to him???


He's so sweet and innocent and everything good in this world!!

Today a friend posted some pictures of a former orphans apartment. They were shocking to say the least. From what I've learned about "aging out" I'd say it compares to being released from prison here in the United States, only you've done nothing wrong. They might as well be criminals, because that's how their society treats orphans. Between the ages of 16 and 18, kids who aren't adopted will be forced to leave their orphanages, and head out on their own with little to no support and this is what they have to look forward to.






This is what Dzintars has to look forward to if he doesn't get adopted. Do you see the window in the picture above? It doesn't even have glass. I'm trying to imagine my boy, my SUPER cold-blooded boy, who had trouble regulating his body temperature in the middle of a summer evening in California, having to suffer through life with a broken window in the middle of winter in Latvia. I just can't, I don't want to go there!!

Would you want to live there?

Oh please! Somebody rescue my boy!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog from another blog. This child sounds so special! I have searched your blog for the answer to my question, but I ws unsuccessful. I know there is a good reason, but please share why ya'll can't adopt him. He even looks like you : ) We have adopted 4 children from CHina and now have 8. I would love more. Hubby - not so much. Jan
    dfbjhb@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo the above comment. I love your heart! :) I to am so curious why you can't adopt him... I know certain countries have specific qualifications etc...
    Praying for you and this sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is a testimony that i will tell to every one to hear. i have been married for three years and on the fifth years of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 3years until i met Dr. Ogboni of REUNITING EX SPELL TEMPLE where so many people have been helped and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my lover back home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 5hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to visit this man via Email ogbonispelitemple@hotmail.com and have your lover back to your self.

    ReplyDelete