Friday, August 3, 2012

Even If

Not sure how much blogging I'll be doing in the coming days and weeks...it was easy to blog when Dzintars was here, our days were full of love and fun and we had many happy moments to share. But now that he's gone and his future is uncertain I'm struggling to find something happy to say. I mean do you really want to hear how folding his last load of left behind clothes made me cry? Or how much I miss the childish giggles that would escape when he was wrestling with Peter? My heart is literally aching for him, for the sense of loss he must be feeling. I'm brokenhearted, that much is true, but while I still have Peter and the kids, Dzintars is alone and his dream of being a part of a family now seems dashed.

I'm struggling today, wrestling with one tough question: How could it be part of God's plan for this amazing kid to NOT be set in a family??

He's seen me through some particularily rough moments in my life, one year in specific stands out. After three consecutive miscarriages I was broken and empty and all I could do was cry out to God and trust that He was who He said He was! He was ultimately faithful, but things did not unfold the way I wanted them to and it was hard. Devastating even. But now, more than 5 years later I have some perspective and I see his hand at work and how he used that time to shape me.

I love this song by Kutless. Even if...even if Dzintars doesn't find his forever family...even if he ages out of the system...even if I never hear from my boy again...God is God, He is good and forever faithful! Even when life falls apart and his dreams of a forever family are still undone God is faithful!! It's so hard to live in the "unknown" in the darker days where it would be easier to give into the hopelessness of a situation, but though we may not see it or even feel it I KNOW MY GOD IS FAITHFUL.


So today I choose to hold on to what I know is true and who I know my God to be! He's forever faithful, his ways are not my ways and he'll work all things in Dzintars life for good!

3 comments:

  1. Stacey,
    What a blessing it has been for me to follow your story with Dzintars. You have truly taken the verse on your tag line seriously and I have faith the Lord will work everything for good. Blessings, blessings, blessings. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, friend. And, yes... I'd still read even if you had nothing happy to say for a bit. God is faithful. Many hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is a testimony that i will tell to every one to hear. i have been married for three years and on the fifth years of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 3years until i met Dr. Ogboni of REUNITING EX SPELL TEMPLE where so many people have been helped and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my lover back home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 5hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to visit this man via Email ogbonispelitemple@hotmail.com and have your lover back to your self.

    ReplyDelete