Thursday, January 17, 2013

Love Letter

One of my California host families hosted a boy named Robert. Robert is 17 years old and due to his age was considered "host only"since the U.S. won't allow kids to be adopted once they have turned sixteen. The day after our Latvian kids flew home his host mom, Jenny found a letter from Robert in their mailbox. Robert is fluent in English and was able to adequately express his gratefulness for this experience in writing. Jenny and Robert have given me permission to share his letter here. 
Jenny shares that Robert was so easy to host.  She said the letter meant a lot to them because the older kids aren't always as affecionate as the younger ones, so it gave them a better understanding of how he felt about his visit.

Dear Blattner Family,

Thank you for choosing me. I've got a lot of experience. This visit was amazing and you guys left me awesome memories. It is hard to believe I need to go back. It's hard to believe how fast time is going.... I'm glad to be here with you! Thank you for the best holiday I ever had!! I will never forget you!!! First time I feel like in a real family. I will miss you all... :( Thank you and God Bless you!!! 
From, 
Robert

I bet this letter echos the feelings of many, if not all of the other host kids, only they don't have the ability to speak and write English as well as Robert! What a beautiful gift he left behind for his family!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment