Thursday, January 17, 2013

Update on Edgars - It's a Good One!!!

A letter from Edgar's host mom Morgan...




 
This is truly one of the happiest days of my life. I am so excited that I cannot contain it any longer…

I am overjoyed to announce that Edgars has found his forever family!!!

What an amazing world we live in! My letter advocating for Edgars’ adoption went up on Facebook just eight days ago – late the night of January 9th. The following day, Stacey Maljian from NHFC featured him on her blog and spread the word about our boy throughout her network, which included Andrea Young, who writes the incredibly popular adoption blog, Babe of My Heart .
The response has been unbelievable. By January 11th, fifty-four families had contacted me with interest in adopting Edgars. And the response hasn’t stopped – as of today, eighty-six (86!) families in total have messaged me, and many more have called NHFC and the adoption agents directly.

We received confirmation yesterday that Edgars is legally cleared for adoption. Edgars’ family filed their application this morning, and this afternoon a letter was sent to the Ministry in Latvia advising them of the family’s intention to adopt!

The most beautiful piece of this story is that Edgars’ mom was the first person to respond after reading Andrea’s blog and I have been speaking with her since well before Edgars returned to Latvia. She and her amazing husband have showed unwavering commitment to Edgars from the beginning, and I am so incredibly thankful for this family’s willingness to share their journey with us. What I love most about them is their ability to accept Edgars for who he is – a very special but very hurt child. They are experienced and educated about the road ahead, and they are prepared to love him through it all. This is not about saving Edgars or changing him into a perfect Christian boy…for this family, it is about love and trusting in God’s plan. There is nothing in the world I want more for Edgars than this kind of pure love and acceptance.

If you are one of the many families who contacted us about Edgars, please accept my deepest gratitude for opening your hearts to this boy we love so much! While this will be joyous yet disappointing news for many families, I would like to offer you this… I believe in my heart that God has used Edgars’ story to touch the hearts of many people who may have never otherwise considered welcoming an older teen into their families. Our boy’s life is now forever changed because I saw his photo in an online photolisting one evening last September. YOU have the ability to change a child’s life! Please visit www.newhorizonsforchildren.org to learn about hosting a child for 5 weeks this summer. You will feel blessed beyond your wildest dreams.

I am so grateful for the outpouring of love and support for Edgars. I can honestly say – for the first time ever though all of this – that my heart feels an undeniable sense of peace that can only have been provided by God. Please continue to pray for Edgars, his forever family, and for our family in the coming months and beyond. HE’S COMING HOME!!!



Oh yes you are Edgars, oh yes you are!!!

I'm beyond thrilled to be able to help Morgan spread this fantastic news!! Her beautifully written plea for a family for Edgars is now my most read post ever!! It's gotten over 2,000 hits! And that's on this blog alone. Andrea also blogged about him and had 6,284 hits, plus many of her other adoption minded friends with their own networks also shared and his adorable face went viral on the internet this week. You may remember, Andrea, she was instrumental in finding Dzintars forever family!! And to make this whole story even more of a GOD STORY, I'd been reading Andrea's blog for years, but she had no clue who I was. Then I realized she was also hosting a child this summer and therein began our friendship! When it came time to advocate for Dz I stepped out in faith and asked her to help me spread the word and she agreed. Andrea's amazing and her blog is widely read in the adoption community, but not because she does a lot of advocating, she typically writes about her day to day life and what the Lord is teaching her. So the fact that the Lord even led me to ask is beyond my comprehension.  Had we not already established a connection via hosting I don't know that she would have given my adovcation request too much thought nor would I have even asked! So, so, so thankful for an awesome God who is in the details! Now that Edgars has also found his forever family via her blog I'm thinking Andrea and I make quite a team!!

Praise Jesus for one less orphan!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome! i hope he knows how many families wanted him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory to God!! that is what adoption is all about!!

    ReplyDelete