Sunday, November 11, 2012

Six Months

Six months ago TODAY our lives changed forever!!

Six months ago my coordinator with  New Horizons for Children called to tell me about a boy named Dzintars who had just been given a full hosting scholarship and she asked if WE would host him!

Six months ago we said YES to the most amazing experience of our lives and now we'll never be the same!

It would take me all night to list all the ways our lives have changed in the last six months or all the blessings that have been poured out on us because we said yes but I'll try to list a few...

For starters I now have my "dream job" as a coordinator for New Horizons! Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for allowing me to follow my passion! I am part of the most amazing team EVER! Though we're spread out all over the country and I have yet to meet a single one of them we work as a team and together we've accomplished amazing things! We just finished matching families and kids for our Christmas hosting and we'll have 230 kids!! Our biggest Christmas yet! I'm daily amazed at the team the Lord has brought together and how selfless these ladies are! It's truly been an honor to be able to serve the Lord in this capacity!

Our decision to host Dzintars most definitely impacted our kiddos! Orphan is a now an "everyday" word in our household. Our 4 and 3 year olds use it almost daily. They have dubbed their stuffed animals "orphans" and tell us it's their job to take care of the orphans because they have no mommy or daddy. It's not uncommon for Brennan to see the photos of the kids I'm trying to find families for and for him to ask if they can come live with us :) I love all the ways their hearts have been softened towards the needs of others and pray this has a lasting impact on their hearts!

Hosting Dzintars and working for NHFC has allowed me to meet some incredible people that I otherwise would not have met! People I now count as some of my dearest friends.

Six months ago we committed to hosting Dzintars and sharing his story and the mission of New Horizons with anyone and everyone who would listen knowing that the more we shared, the greater the impact would be for other kids like him in the future. Somewhere around twenty kids are being hosted this winter because of this one child! We've grown so much in California that we now have kids flying into SFO and LAX!!! This Saturday I held my very first host parent training in Northern California, there were four families in attendance hosting 7 kids between them! Every single person in that room, me included, was there because of Dzintars! Seriously? I'm just in awe of all that God has done through this ONE CHILD!!!

Six months!!!

I wonder what God has in store for the next six months???

I'm hoping the twenty kids who are being hosted because of Dzintars go on to impact many, many more. I'm hoping that my Northern California summer host parent training will be so large that we'll have to find a different venue due to space constraints! I'm hoping my inbox will be flooded with new families wanting to follow God's call to take care of the fatherless!


No comments:

Post a Comment