Friday, November 2, 2012

Whirlwind

It was a whirlwind of a day! And I mean that in the very best sense of the word!! I LOVED every minute of my super busy, forget about eating lunch cause we've got a deadline, day!

I knew it was bound to be a good day when I got a call from one of my most favorite people EVER, yes I said EVER! She's pretty stellar in my book! Why was she calling?? Oh you know, to tell me that despite having three teenage sons she wants to host this good looking crew:

 

I pretty much floated through the rest of my day after that. Little sister is too young too travel so she'll stay behind and get some extra attention from their foster family but her four big brothers will be spending Christmas in California and I couldn't be more excited. These are some super lucky kiddos!! And I know they will be loved well!

As if putting four kiddos on hold before lunch wasn't enough I also got to assist in putting one of my favorite Ukrainian girls on hold for a family in Colorado...have I mentioned I work with the most AMAZING ladies?? Truly, amazing. I haven't met a single one of them YET but there's some serious teamwork that takes place on a daily basis and I'm so blessed to be a part of it!

Then I spent the remainder of my day (including two plus hours working from my ipad and cell phone while getting my hair done) working with two other California families who were trying to select kids to host!!

This super tall Latvian will now be coming to California as well. He's going to another fantastic family who has brought us two other host families already this Chrsitmas!



Our California count now stands at 18 kids (hopefully 19 by morning when the family I was working with today decides who to host)!!!!!

We had 5 this summer!

5!!

I set out to do all I could just to double that number, thinking that seemed like an attainable goal for a state with unusually low hosting numbers!

But with God's help we've now almost QUADRUPLED our summer numbers!!

Yep! I've pretty much been on Cloud 9 all day!! Just floating through life with a big goofy grin on my face!! I'm also kind of inclined to include a sibling set of four in our California numbers because they'll be flying into a California airport and are being hosted because their host family knows Dzintars' adoptive family...but they live ON the stateline between CA and Nevada...oh what the heck.

WE HAVE 22 KIDS BEING HOSTED IN CALIFORNIA THIS CHRISTMAS!!
 
Praise the Lord from who all blessings flow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment