Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When Things Don't Go As Planned

I'll start by saying I LOVE my "job".

Working with New Horizons has been a dream come true for me!

I've loved nearly every minute of it!

I say nearly, because this morning I had to call my precious friend who'd eagerly signed on to host this adorable set of four boys and tell her there'd been a change of plans (insert the kicking and screaming smiley face here). Apparently they'd recently been moved to a new orphanage, one that isn't in favor of hosting or adoption and denied our requests to let them come! And despite the fact that she already loved them dearly, despite the fact that her entire family was ready to welcome these kiddos with open arms, God has other plans for them!



Plans that aren't what we'd hoped for!

Plans that we don't understand!

And I find myself questioning him again...

How can staying in an orphanage with hundreds of children where they are merely a number be better for them then spending four weeks with my friend and her amazing family?

I want to kick and scream and beg God for a different plan.

But if I've learned one thing in this life, it's that God always has a plan even if I don't have a clue what it is. And someone it's always better than mine!

Resting in the fact that:
 "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."    Romans 8:28
 

1 comment:

  1. This breaks my heart... but you are right - God's plans are not for us to understand... They are so cute though!

    ReplyDelete