Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Tree

Two years ago I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Babe of My Heart,  and came across a fall project I just couldn't pass up! Andrea and her family have a "Thankful Tree" they put up the entire month of November!! Every night each member of the family will write something they are thankful for on a leaf and hang it on the tree! Knowing we could use some more thankfulness in our household Peter and I jumped all over this idea and immediately got to work making our tree!!

This will mark our third year using our tree and I can tell you it's one of our families most cherished traditions already! Our entire family looks forward to it and I'm tempted to keep our tree up year round not only because I love the attitude of thankfulness it breeds in our hearts but cause my hubby rocks and we have one good lookin' tree!!

If you'd like to make your own "Thankful Tree" Andrea was kind enough to blog detailed directions so everyone can get in on the fun!! You can check them out here.

It's worth noting that a certain Latvian's family found him thanks to a blog post about him on Andrea's blog!! Since one leaf would never be enough to fit what I am most thankful for this year I'll post it here instead...

I am beyond thankful for all the many blessings that have been poured out on me and my family since we stepped out to host Dzintars. Not only do we have front row seats for one of the most amazing stories ever, we've also been blessed to meet and partner with some truly amazing people we might otherwise not have met!


 Making our tree...we cheated...but it was worth it :)




















It helps to have a "detail oriented" hubby in times like these!!

Our tree the day we hung it in 2010.

We got a late start our first year and Kaelyn was too young to contribute much so our tree was sparse that year! 


 Our full tree in 2011.

2012! Can't wait to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment