Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar

I'm all about raising kiddos that look out for others and see beyond their needs/wants and I'm always looking for ways to nurture selflessness in their hearts! One of my absolute favorite bloggers is Laura Kelley of Pitter Patter Art, her blog is super fun to read, her kids are ADORABLE and Laura has a heart of gold, if you don't read her blog you should, you'll thank me, I promise!!!

When I read about her Random Acts of Kindness Advent I just knew it was something I wanted to incorporate into our Christmas traditions! It's the perfect timing coming off the heels of our Thankful Tree and I can't wait to get started!

I spent the whole day crafting and now we're ready to get started! I followed Laura's directions for assembling the envelopes but forgot to take my own pics so the first three pics are hers, she's great about remembering that sort of thing, me not so much:)

Supplies, mini envelopes, fun paper, number stickers, glue and clothespins. Photo courtesy of Pitter Patter Art.

Next, cover the fronts of the envelopes with patterned paper to dress them up. Photo courtesy of Pitter Patter Art.

Lastly, place number stickers on the envelopes and insert your random acts of kindness. Photo courtesy of Pitter Patter Art

I was having a hard time deciding how to display our little envelopes when I stumbled upon this unfinished frame at Michael's and an idea was born.

A little red spray paint and viola fancy frame...my model is pretty cute too:)

A little Christmas ribbon, some tiny clothespins and we're ready to roll! 

I think it turned out pretty cute, it took two frames to fit all 25 days!


We can't wait to get started! Feel free to join us...the world could use more random acts of kindness as far as I'm concerned and this advent calendar will make our family more intentional about seeking out opportunities to serve! If you're looking for ideas for your random acts just check out Laura's blog, was nice enough to share her list and there are more than enough to fill an advent calendar so you can pick and choose the ones that fit your family best!

4 comments:

  1. Very awesome! I would like to know what 25 random acts of kindness you used please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, Laura has a whole list on her blog if you open it up, there are over 30 so you can pick and choose or come up with your own!

      Delete