Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A "Raging" Day

I'm thoroughly enjoying reliving my teen years with Dzintars. Today we picked up the Ellis boys and headed to "Raging Waters". It's been YEARS since I've been on a water slide and I like them quite a bit so I was pretty stoked! I hoped that Dzintars would like them as much as he liked the roller coasters, turns out, I was wrong:( And oddly enough, his fears had nothing to do with his swimming abilities...he had a huge fear of the enclosed slides. He sleeps in utter darkness at night, he even made me unplug a nightlight that was in his room, so it's not a fear of the dark. Perhaps a bit of claustrophobia??? Luckily, there were enough "open" slides to keep him entertained and he still had a great day.

I'd also like to state, for the record, that it might not have been wise to take a non-English speaker to a water park if you depend on a phone for translation and phones can't get wet. Ooops! I woke in a panic at 5 am when I realized I would not be able to communicate with him or talk him through things if he was afraid. Major host mama fail! Oh well...we survived!

I took this one while we waited in line for our first "enclosed" slide. Just before we discovered his fear. Even though the inner tube would fit 4 people he still refused to try. It was the first time he's ever refused to try ANYTHING!



He liked the wave pool:)



I was thrilled he got to experience the power of the waves. He found the ocean too cold for his Latvian blood so he never got more than his feet wet.

He is one cold-blooded kid! He had his arms crossed and full on goosebumps and shivers going most of the day!!

A little fun on the "lazy river". My favorite photo of the day.




The "lazy river" was just his speed:)

This slide was a hit! Too bad the line took forever or we would have done it again!



This one was a lot of fun. Mostly because 8 people go at a time so the line was fairly quick. We went 3 times:)

No comments:

Post a Comment