Thursday, July 26, 2012

This Boy...


Is in desperate need of a loving family!! The fact that he must return to Latvia next week has not escaped his attention. His "I love you's" have become more frequent and his hugs last a little longer. He will do anything to spend more time with us, that includes helping me fold clothes and vacuum over watching a movie. He's terribly worried he will never see us again or talk to us. I've assured him that I love him very much and I will be very sad when he leaves. And it's true, I love him with all of my heart and I will be brokenhearted when he leaves. That conversation led to him implore me to call his social worker in Latvia and tell her that we will keep him forever. That conversation had me in tears! This is so hard! We are the only family he has ever known! That just breaks my heart! He's too great of a kid to be sent back to an orphange where he will age out in just over a year! In his words "Mine (which in his mind means "me") no Latvia Stacey. Mine America!"

Loving him was easy, letting him go and having no control of what happens to him from here on out will be the hard part.

Please, please, please share this post and his story in hopes that it will somehow find it's way to his "forever" family!

I cannot say enough good things about him. I'm happy to share in detail, every good and wonderful thing about him, with anyone who is seriously interested in providing him with a loving family!!

When Dzintars arrived we found out he was allergic to our cats, adoptive families will have to be cat free or willing to re-home their cats to rescue him!

A matching grant has been made available to help cover his adoption costs for home study approved families! Both parents MUST be 18 years older than Dzintars (32 years of age or older).

3 comments:

  1. As I read your post tears come to my eyes. It is so clear that God has used you in the life of this young man. I can't imagine how difficult it is to be near the end of your time together. I am praying specifically for a family to care and love him as you have. You are true example of what it means to show the love of the lord to others. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any chance he could be hosted this winter? Would love to email with you, as I have been following your journey this summer and have been praying hard for this amazing boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, unless a family steps forward to adopt him he should be available for winter hosting!!

      Delete