Friday, December 14, 2012

Random Acts - Day 14

Today we set out to...


I had mentioned to my friend "Betty Crocker" (a.k.a Laura) that I was going to be baking treats to deliver to our local police and fire stations. I had planned on making something I knew how to make, but she suggested Oreo Cookie Balls and said she thought they'd be even better with Candy Cane Joe-Joe's from Trader Joe's. I happen to LOVE Candy Cane Joe-Joe's so just the mere mention of them was enough to alter my baking plans. They sounded simple enough but I ran into a few snags along the way and at one point nearly threw everything threw a window. I managed to power through and using the tried and tested "trial and error" method managed to squeak out enough treats for today's kindness advent.

Three simple ingredients, I like simple. Joe-Joe's (or Oreos), cream cheese and candy melts!



First stop was our police station:) Brennan decorated cards to deliver with our treats. 

Then we walked around the corner and delivered treats to the firemen! 

They're pretty darn cute:) 





No comments:

Post a Comment