Friday, December 21, 2012

Random Acts - Day 21

Today I head to the Red Cross to...


Did you know there's oodles and oodles of reading material you must scour before donating blood? Or that there's a test involved??  Me either, this was my first time braving blood donation. So test may be too harsh, but there are A LOT of personal questions and you have to use a computer to answer them all so it felt like a test.

The actual donating part was much easier than I thought and took less time than the reading and questions I had to answer.  When you're done you have a good excuse to sit and munch on some cookies!! As if I needed an excuse... Peter was a little concerned I'd be too lightheaded or have headaches for the remainder of my day, which is jam packed, like every other day this time of year. It's been a few hours now and I'm feeling fine! Score one my act of kindness NOT messing with my "to do" list!



I got to rock this super "under the radar" red bandage for a full hour after donating! 

Tomorrow we'll hopefully be able to...


I say hopefully because we'll be in transit to my parent's house...seems like a good day to hit up the drive thru, but we shall see!! We're thankful for a super awesome house sitter who stays at our house, even during the holidays, and loves on our pets while we're away. Two kids for 6 hours in the car is ENOUGH for me, no dogs allowed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment